Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mad Dash to Christmas Break (or the holiday simply known as Holiday at Wally World )

Making My Ears Bleed...
Inter.Mission
Inter. Funda. Stifle.
By Fair to Midland


Well Thanksgiving was good. Lots of good food and I found Nick! Yes, he still is alive and not dating Audrey. I had a great time crusing around in his '04 Mustang and catching up on all sorts of stuff. That wraps up Thursday and Most of Friday. Friday night I went to Bums and about rocked my head off!

Headlining was Greatness in Tragedy. The energy with which they perform and play on stage is electrifying! You WILL find yourself singing along even if it is your first time to hear them. The bands that opened up for them were The Levi Smith Band and Fair to Midland. I showed up for Fair to Midland (FTM) and, man, I didn't know that vocal chords could take that kind of damage. Andrew Sudderth can swing down from the high wails to a churning gutteral growl in one fell swoop. Go to their myspace site to see a vid of them at the Curtain Club in Dallas, Tx.

I missed the Levi Smith Band. But as the Fates would have it, I started talking to this guy near the stage before GiT mounted the platform and it turned out to be the drummer for the aforementioned group! I had a nice bit of convo with Justin.

In addition to tracking Nick down I also got to see Coby. It's been ages since I've seeh her. Funny thing is the day Nick and I stopped by the pharmacy to see her, she had brought her yearbook from high school and showed her coworkers pictures of the people she went to high school with.(argh bad grammer.) Thats it I think.

Peace!

No comments: